Xscapers Convergence Host and EmceePart-time @Escapees RV Club posted 2 months ago
Xscapers, a community within Escapees RV Club catering to the work-age RVer, is looking for community members to join our Convergence team!
Job Title: Convergence Host and Emcee
Job Summary: We are looking for a friendly event host for Xscapers events, to include Convergences and Annual Bash. The host will be responsible for managing the event onsite and ensuring things run smoothly from start to finish.
During the event, you will need to manage staff/volunteers working at the event, take care of the attendees, and resolve any problems that may come up. You must also have strong communication and customer service skills to work with the staff, volunteers, and attendees on expectations for the event.
Must be available to host 2-4 Convergences a year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting with the planning, preparation, and organization of the events.
- Working with vendors and sponsors who may be on-site at the event.
- Managing event volunteers.
- Works closely with the Convergence Director to understand the logistics of the event and the registration process.
- Works closely with the Convergence Operations Coordinator for details such as parking and trailer arrangements.
- Conducts announcements for welcoming attendees and before activities or entertainment.
- Answering attendee questions throughout the event.
- Creating a positive and relaxed atmosphere for attendees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Given: Event staff/volunteers.
Received: Direct supervision from Convergence Director.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Requires ability to work independently.
- Background in event planning or hosting is strongly preferred.
- Must have the ability to work effectively with club staff, club members, and outside vendors and/or resources.
- Must be able to lift heavy items.
- Assignments require good sound judgments and initiatives.
- Must have good research abilities.
- Must have interpersonal relations. Enjoy working and communicating with people.
- Requires the ability to plan and prioritize work.
- Must have a detailed understanding of Escapees Club, mail service, and all benefits of the club.
- Must have a detailed understanding of the Xscapers group and Convergences.
- The position requires a demonstrated proficiency in general math, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work closely with appropriate departments.
- Position requires standing, walking, and talking at the events.
- Events require you to be able to work in all types of weather.
- Allows for considerable variation in worker routine.
- Requires travel.