Visitor Experience SpecialistFull-time Temporary @Grand Canyon Conservancy posted 2 months ago
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: VISITOR EXPERIENCE SPECIALIST LEVEL I
The Visitor Experience Specialist (VES) Level I position is an entry-level position in GCA’s Retail Department and reports to the GCC Store Manager. The primary purpose of this position is to ensure that every visitor receives world-class service in GCC Retail Stores; to proactively sell products; and to recruit GCC Supporters. The GCC Retail Stores are open every day of the year (including holidays) and hours vary from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Our summer season runs from April through October. Our winter season runs from October to April.
Duties vary with the workload and could include, but are not limited to, the tasks listed below.
• Act as an ambassador for Grand Canyon and Grand Canyon Conservancy by proactively greeting visitors, answering questions, and graciously providing information about the Park and GCC
• Develop and maintain a broad knowledge of GCC products and proactively assist visitors with product selection and purchases with the goals of upselling whenever possible
• Foster stewardship and inspire support for Grand Canyon by informing each visitor of GCC’s supporter and donation programs, and make it compelling and simple for them to become a supporter and donor
• Meet or exceed sales and supporter recruitment goals
• Ensure retail floor is fully stocked, all store areas including the break-room and offices are clean, and products are merchandised according to GCC guidelines and specifications
• Assist store management in ensuring register transactions are processed efficiently
• Accurately process sales using a computerized cash register system; reconcile cash drawer
• Follow GCC Retail Guidelines for maintaining professional and respectful communication with visitors, NPS, colleagues, vendors, etc.
• Support management in maintaining a high level of morale by helping to foster a positive workplace environment
• Attend NPS Ranger tours and GCC training programs when possible
• Explain Grand Canyon National Park Junior Ranger program to visitors and swear in Junior Rangers who have completed the requirements
• 1-year customer service/retail experience
• 1-year cash handling experience
• Basic computer skills
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings, weekends, and holidays in any of GCC’s Park Stores
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND CHARACTERISTICS
• Passion for Grand Canyon National Park and the mission of GCC
• Enthusiasm for driving sales and recruiting supporters
• Ability and desire to consistently provide outstanding visitor service
• Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to exercise good judgment
• Ability and desire to effectively interact with visitors and colleagues, demonstrate enthusiasm and maintain a positive attitude
• Working knowledge of, or ability to learn a computerized cash register and payroll system
• Ability to promote and maintain a positive work environment
GCC CORE VALUES
GCC has identified four core values that represent how we interact with our employees, partners, visitors, supporters, and followers. Our values include:
• Integrity: We are honest, respectful, inclusive, caring, and accountable for our actions. We operate at a high level of excellence, utilizing our resources to their best and fullest potential.
• Education: We are a dynamic learning organization uniquely positioned to cultivate the “awe” of the Grand Canyon.
• Service: We embrace our role as a valued partner of the National Park Service at Grand Canyon National Park and will provide the highest level of excellence in every interaction with employees, partners, visitors, supporters, and donors.
• Connection: We foster a sense of wonder and adventure for the Grand Canyon.
• Standing for long periods, up to eight hours each day
• Frequent, extended periods of repetitive hand motion required by operation of a computerized cash register system
• Reaching and bending while cleaning and stocking
• Lifting book boxes weighing as much as 40 lbs.; pushing carts of product weighing up to 100 lbs.
• Moving stock on hand trucks weighing up to 100 lbs. From delivery vans, in some cases over rough surfaces, stairs, or inclines, and through varying weather conditions
• Ability to work at elevations more than 7,000-9,000 feet above sea level
• Walking to restroom facilities located in buildings other than the Park Store
This is a Seasonal, non-benefit eligible, non-exempt position. Starting wage for this position is 13.06 per hour. An RV is required for this position as housing is unavailable; full hook-up sites are available. The RV site is $50.00 per month.
MANDATORY COVID VACCINE POLICY
As the official non-profit partner of Grand Canyon National Park and in compliance with that agreement, GCC has a mandatory COVID vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees must be immunized by vaccination against COVID-19 unless granted a medical or religious exemption. This policy is designed to protect the health of our workforce and to serve as a public health measure for those within the broader community.
Questions regarding the mandatory COVID19 vaccination policy or the exemption process should be directed to GCC Human Resources.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at: https://www.grandcanyon.org/about-us/employment/
We ask that you include a resume and cover letter with your application.
Grand Canyon Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer