Senior Product Manager – MarketplaceFull-time Campspot posted 1 month ago
Senior Product Manager – Marketplace
Denver, Chicago, Grand Rapids
The Campspot marketplace product is where anyone on the world-wide web or their mobile phone can find and book amazing campground rentals. From a yurt in the desert, to a tent site in the mountains, to an RV site on the beach, anyone can find what they are looking for on Campspot. The outdoor industry has seen amazing growth over the past year and it keeps growing. We want to empower everyone to find their best outdoor experience.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will know your product better than anybody. You will help define and execute the strategy to make Campspot’s marketplace a pillar of Campspot’s product portfolio..
Just as importantly, you will work intimately with Campspot’s consumers, our brilliant design team, and client facing functions to develop the most magical, consumer-facing product that the outdoor technology market has ever seen.
You will transform user problems into specific user stories so that engineers can unambiguously build the perfect product to support our notion that every line of code will delight all our users.
What You’ll Do
- You will research, define and own the product strategy, and quarterly roadmaps; and build and maintain a healthy backlog that aligns with the overall goals of the company.
- Collaborate closely with your agile team of full-stack web and mobile engineers and designers, executing on the delivery of crucial features and initiatives.
- You will communicate on the delivery progress of the backlog and roadmap items to stakeholders across the company.
- Work closely with our product design team to facilitate and leverage user research methods such as user tests, A/B tests, interviews, surveys, and more, to continually improve the product and delight customers.
- Write clear and concise user stories and acceptance criteria, perform UATs, determine scope of feature sets, and coordinate delivery schedules with engineering teams.
- Own the successful rollout of key features, including gathering feedback and data to validate the value of new releases; and coordinate with marketing to maximize its impact.
- You will need strong project management and organizational skills to work in our fast-paced, growth-focused environment.
- You’ll mentor other product managers and strive to impact process-improvement across the organization.
Who You Are
- 6+ years of product management experience (or similar field) with software products.
- Naturally curious and committed to understanding customer-facing problems and need to delight customers. You have a passion for the outdoors!
- A deep experience conceiving, building, and shipping successful software products and features in an agile development organization.
- The ability to think big and small. You are comfortable discussing strategy and long term vision with executives, but also able to dive into the details designing a particular interaction.
- Strong written and verbal communication at every level – to users, within the company, within your team.
Even Better if you have …
- Experience in consumer-facing products or B2B2C products.
- Used tools like Clubhouse and Confluence to document requirements and track dependencies.
- A background in engineering, client success, or e-commerce experience.
Why join Campspot’s Marketplace Team
- The Marketplace is a major focus of our company.
- We are growing our product delivery organization and we want you to be part of that journey.
- Our development teams have lots of experience and have a can-do attitude!
- Finally, while we’re an incredibly fast-growing organization, as a rule, we do not work crazy long hours. We believe in always improving product delivery, product planning and design; and also believe in a continuous regular sleep schedule, continuous regular vacation, and continuous fun if you’re passionate about your craft.
Founded in 2015, Campspot was created by campground owners for campground owners. This is because our founders saw a tremendous need to operate their multiple parks more efficiently, while delivering a modern online booking experience for guests. Campspot is truly setting the standard for what the best all-in-one campground management and reservation software can be.
Campspot is headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and our software development teams are based in Denver and Chicago. Together, we’ve built more than just a growing customer base: We’ve built a family of dedicated partners that we love serving.
Perks of Campspot
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Employee Camping Program
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance are paid in part by Campspot for the employee
- 401(k) with up to a 3% employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the outdoor industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more at: software.campspot.com or campspot.com