Seasonal (Paid) Custodian at Alaska Sea LifeFull-time Alaska Sea Life posted 2 months ago
This position is responsible for the cleanliness and appearance of the building and grounds at the Alaska SeaLife Center. (RV Site Not Provided. Applicants Must Arrange Their Own RV Camping Off-Site)
One-year experience in a similar position. Experience working directly with the public preferred.
- Carries out proper procedures for cleaning and care of the interior and exterior of the Center.
- Maintains a wide range of surfaces to an exceptionally high degree of cleanliness through the proper use of a variety of cleaning agents/materials, machines, etc. The high value and unique nature of the materials to be cleaned require extreme caution and care during the cleaning process to avoid costly damage.
- Maintains familiarity with MSDS system and hazardous communications.
Assists with the maintenance and cleaning of the Center’s grounds, sidewalks, parking lots, driveways, and handrail systems.
- Receives and follows verbal and written directives concerning proper procedures for cleaning and care of the interior and exterior of the Center.
- Demonstrates good working knowledge of proper safety procedures.
- Operates various types of hand and power equipment such as vacuums, washers and various types of cleaning equipment.
- Sets up tables, chairs, and other requested equipment for various events.
Works a rotating shift schedule. May be required to work overtime.
- Maintains a valid driver’s license.
- Fosters good relations with visitors, volunteers, community leaders, contractors, and fellow staff members by promoting positive attitudes, good will, cooperation, and providing high standards of service.
- Complies with all Alaska SeaLife Center policies, procedures, and programs.
- Basic Microsoft Word and Excel skills and familiar with email.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to stand and walk; stoop, kneel, and crouch; use arms and hands; handle objects, tools, and controls; and sit. Ability to lift and move 50 pounds.