ISO energetic, adventurous camp host team to join us at Rustic Rook Resort in Mosca Colorado (by The Great Sand Dunes National Park). Owner team will be onsite – we are looking for a host team to assist us with our first season! Rustic Rook Resort is a glamping retreat with 30 heavy canvas tents, a food trailer etc. (see website for more information!).
Position Description – Operating Season, Payment & Accommodation Offerings:
We are looking for a camp host team to partner with us in handling all of the day to day tasks that will be required to run the camp. See below for additional information on day to day responsibilities.
Our operating season will be May – September. We may stay open through October depending on demand (the first season will be a learning curve). Once a camp host team is selected we will discuss divvying up tasks and hours. We would like to make it work so that each team has a couple days off each week – not a weekend since that will be our busy days, but Monday&Tuesday or Wednesday&Thursday rotating. We plan to split up tasks also so we take turns in different areas (cleaning, cooking, etc.) to keep things more interesting.
We (the owner team) will be living in our 21′ travel trailer the first year – we would like to build 2 yurts after the first season for the following year. We will have hookups for our trailer and yours – so you will need to have your own trailer/RV. We will have a sewer hook up and a power hook up for your trailers battery only so that you can run the heat and lights. The camp will be 100% solar, so we will not be able to run anything large like A/C however you are welcome to bring your own quite generator to run other things. The plan is to have a quad outlet between the 2 host sites so that we can use small appliances and charge phones/computers etc that way.
Payment: Staying on the grounds is of course included – along with breakfast and coffee each morning and $3,000/mo for the team (team is 2 people who stay in the same trailer together and have the combined skills listed below) The position is for contracted work – you would be contracted for the season and work as an independent contractor for Rustic Rook Resort throughout that season.
The strongest team will have the following qualifications/experience:
- Hospitality experience (good with people)
- Maintenance experience (Jack/Jill of all trades would be great!)
- Cooking experience (Who can’t cook breakfast anyway?)
- Cleaning experience (It’s not rocket science to clean a tent – but still takes attention to detail and care)
- Computer skills (You will just need to learn the camp booking/store software)
- Friendly (we like nice people!)
- Adventurous (having fun hobbies to share your experience with our guests would be a plus.)
- Knows how to play Euchre (not required, but you may be our only friends while on site – so just saying ;))
Responsibilities may include:
- Great guests and drive them to their tent in the golf cart.
- Be helpful and available to guests.
- Answer the phone and help people book a tent or answer questions etc.
- Manage camp store (will not be a large camp store).
- Help with cleaning tents after guests check out.
- Make trips to store to purchase things for the camp.
- Cook breakfast in the food trailer for guests.
- Make coffee and keep hospitality tent clean and stocked with items.
- Start the community fire and prepare S’more fixings for guests.
- Organize camp entertainment.
- Help with camp maintenance.
- Pick up or drop off laundry in town (we plan to find a service to do the laundry, but are not sure if they will pick up or deliver)
- Schedule cleaning staff (we may hire someone from town – a company – do clean all the tents – or we may all pitch in and do it ourselves)
- Take lunch/dinner orders (we will provide bagged lunches and grill packages for pick up for our guests – will likely not make them in house but will team up with another local business to drop them off at a certain time)
- Other Misc. tasks (first season, so we’re not sure what we’re in for!)
- Help breaking down and setting up camp pre and post season.