Parks Operations Specialistposted 3 weeks ago
This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon’s largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: de-carbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
We’re searching for innovative, customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world’s clean energy future!
The Parks Operations Specialist will support the operations of company managed recreation areas as required in the FERC hydropower license requirements by ensuring that daily work activities of staff are conducted effectively and are responsive to the needs of customers. They will oversee the implementation and administration of FERC required Shoreline Management Plan, Dispersed Site Management Plan, Public Safety Plans, and other projects and programs needed to ensure asset protection, public and employee safety, and appropriate public access to project lands.
• Recruits and supervises seasonal employees to ensure quality assurance and adherence to park policy and procedures. Assigns work duties and schedules. Provides general coaching and feedback to seasonal employees and engages to resolve employee differences. Ensures seasonal employees have training and equipment needed. Interprets policies and procedures and provides guidance to seasonal employees. Makes recommendations about staffing changes.
• Maintains policies, monitors adherence and recommends changes. Monitors budget and explains anomalies. Runs reconciliation reports. Drafts visitor-use reports to meet external agency requirements Prepares all forms required for tax fillings. Resolves escalated concerns and makes decisions about evictions, fee waivers, refunds and charge disputes.
• Maintains computerized reservation systems and databases, including interface with credit card processing systems. Ensures consistent availability of independent standalone systems in four separate locations. Maintains revenue collection and reconciliation processes and systems for recreation-area-produced income. Prepares revenue reports, bank deposit reports and county and state tax reports. Coordinates with Corporate Accounting to ensure account accuracy.
• Manages projects. Determines objectives and work to be done, outlines tasks and assigns responsibilities to others. Determines standards and monitors work for completion to those standards. Communicates with stakeholders and collaborates with other departments.
• Recommends vendors and establishes section criteria. Determines objectives and drafts scope of work. Establishes deliverable. Provides direction to contractors and monitors to ensure work meets objectives. Works with vendors to resolve issues.
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in natural resources, environmental sciences or related field or equivalent experience.
• Typically two or more years in parks, recreation or related field to include program administration or program management or equivalent.
• Certified Park and Recreation Professional (CPRP) or related certification preferred.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
• Working skills in project management
• Intermediate knowledge of laws and regulations related to area of discipline
• Intermediate knowledge of design and sustainability principles
• Working skills in reading specifications, drawings and building codes
• Intermediate skills in use of electronic work order systems
• Working knowledge of budgeting
• Intermediate skills in vendor management
☒ Does the job require a valid driver’s license?
☒ Daily within service territory
☒ Frequently (at least once a week or more)
☐ Occasionally (one to two times a month or less)
☒ Overnight inside/outside the service territory
☒ Occasionally (one to two times a month or less)
☒ Computer use (use computer regularly for entire work shift)
☒ Lifting/pushing/pulling (check appropriate weight):
☒ Up to 10 lb
☒ Carrying (check appropriate weight):
☒ Up to 10 lb
Environment – Indoor/Outdoor
☒ Office environment
☒ Plant environment
☒ Field environment
Join us today and power your potential!
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the posting close date. A cover letter may be needed with your application to be considered for this position.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.