I.T. Manager at Alaska Sea LifeFull-time Alaska Sea Life posted 2 months ago
This position is responsible for analyzing technological needs and implementing solutions, training staff, and providing network, software, and end user computer support at the Alaska SeaLife Center.
RV Site Not Provided. Applicants must arrange offsite camping.
- B.S. in Computer Science and minimum of 5 years network support experience or High School diploma or GED and, industry certifications such as A+ or Network+ and minimum of eight years’ experience with PC hardware and software.
- Must have good troubleshooting and repair skills, be able to provide technical support and hardware/software support to LAN/WAN users.
- Must have experience in support of LAN hardware and software and analog to digital conversion, extensive working knowledge of desktop/laptop PC installation, configuration, and problem resolution.
- Must be proficient in the configuration of desktop and laptops including: Current Windows O/S,
- MS Networking, Google Apps, MS Office, virus protection, network administration, Windows Server, DNS, TCP/IP, and DHCP. One workstation level certification from Microsoft, Website maintenance experience and/or Microsoft Certified Professional certification preferred.
- Analyzes technological needs and implements appropriate solutions. Maintains a high level of knowledge on current and emerging technologies and recommends enhancements.
- Determines the hardware and software needs and purchases products ensuring competitive pricing.
- Reviews proposed computer related purchases for compatibility with existing systems and compliance with standards. Works with vendors to assure compliance with contracts and provides required support.
- Provides technical support for all the data processing equipment and implement enhancements as required. Provides/maintains procedure for tracking user requests and problems assuring timely resolution and notification.
- Supervises personnel matters within the IT Division. Assigns and checks work, establishes schedules, sets deadlines, and delegates authority. Sets performance standards for staff. Prepares annual performance evaluations. Makes personnel related recommendations to the COO.
- Ensures proper control and administration of all assigned resources including I. T. equipment, supplies, and purchasing authorities. Maintains cost-effective oversight of I.T. expenditures.
- Assists the Chief Operating Officer with preparing the I.T. component of the annual budget.
- Monitors expenditures in the I.T. division to ensure budget compliance.
- Provides leadership and direction for the Alaska SeaLife Center’s network and systems security.
- Develops sound strategic plans to manage operational growth.
- Ensures all I.T. personnel are properly trained and equipped for their assigned tasks and conducts or arranges for training as necessary to carry out the Department’s objectives.
- Configures and troubleshoots desktop and laptop computers.
- Provides support for PC software (such as MSOffice, current Windows OS, Email, Acrobat, anti-virus) and general desktop operation.
- Provides support for network systems (such as MS Networking, Windows Server, TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP), and network reconfigurations.
- Provides support for cloud-based apps (such as Google Apps, Office 365, DocuSign, and Blackbaud/Altru), and cloud security.
- Provides computer related training to ASLC employees and visiting researchers.
- Assists the HR department with network user profiles and security maintenance adding and deleting users from network and email system
- Maintains software and hardware inventory library, including license maintenance.
- Assists in the development and compliance of various computer-related policies and procedures.
- Provides oversight and general maintenance of the public website(s) and internal intranet.
- Monitors and updates for virus protection.
- Monitors network systems: backup, email, disk space, and network performance.
- Works with consulting firms to identify and resolve issues.
- Provides onsite and telephone support for end user issues such as email and network access, including after-hours response as required in emergencies.
- Supports and troubleshoots network and standalone printers.
- Provides support and maintenance for internal telephone system.
- Fosters good relations with visitors, volunteers, community leaders, contractors, and fellow staff members by promoting positive attitudes, good will, cooperation, and providing high standards of service.
- Complies with all Alaska SeaLife Center policies, procedures, and programs.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to prioritize tasks, work independently and as part of a team, work with outside networking consultants, and manage time under pressure. Ability to speak and write effectively be comfortable meeting new people and interfacing with diverse interests.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.