Join us in Idaho this summer!Volunteer Idaho Parks and Recreation posted 3 weeks ago
Campground Hosts needed statewide
Campground hosts live and work in the campground and are often the first contact our visitors have with Idaho Dept. of Parks & Recreation. They perform a variety of tasks such as greeting visitors and handing out information, collecting fees, light maintenance duties, and informing park staff about potential problems.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Greet park visitors and be readily accessible to the public while on duty
- Answer questions and provide park and local tourist information
- Answer phone, voice mail, and 2-way park radio
- Lock and unlock buildings
- Perform complete campground checks twice a day
- Post campground reservation information and mark reserved sites
- May work at Visitor Center as needed
- Inform park visitors of park rules and regulations and notify park staff if enforcement action is needed
Campground hosts each work a minimum of 20-24 hours per week (including weekends and holidays) for a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of 180 days. Hosts are considered to be “on-call” at all times of the day and night. Hosts must take time off during the weekdays Monday through Thursday. All hosts will have specific duties and scheduled times to work.