Cafe Manager in Gorgeous Northern CaliforniaFull-time Strawhouse Resorts posted 1 week ago
This position requires the manager to have proficient culinary skills, as well as guest services, and FOH service. An important part of the position is to eliminate waste, oversee portion control, and maintain inventory. As a year-round business, recruiting summer and winter employees is a crucial part of the job. We hire work-campers, and so part of the hiring process is to build a community that will function well outside of work.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Recruit, train, and supervise staff for BOH and FOH.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Manage café waste by making specials, sauces, soups, etc.
- Place weekly orders for food and dry good deliveries and ensure that items were received in good condition and are accurate.
- Create specials, as well as assist in private dinners for cottage guests and special events.
- Maintain proper food costs and keep pricing up-to-date with the goal of reducing operational costs.
- Update website menus and digital customer-facing menus.
- Ensure proper cleaning of BOH and FOH.
- Ensure proper food handling according to CA Department of Health.
- Salary DOE
- 40 hrs/week
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum 2 years in the restaurant industry.
- Management experience in the hospitality industry.
- Minimum 1 year in the culinary field.
- A CA food handler’s license.
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- The ability to problem-solve and seek solutions.
- Barista/coffee service experience (preferred, but not required)