Baker in Beautiful LocationFull-time Strawhouse Resorts posted 1 week ago
Job Overview: The baker’s job is to work with the café to maintain consistent inventory of a variety of baked goods (cookies, bars, scones, etc.) and bread products. This requires working directly with café management for defining cost of goods, inventory, ordering, and any assistance the café may need. The work also involves cleaning and maintaining the space.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Checking in, organizing, and distributing UNFI and Sysco deliveries to ensure product quantity and quality reflect the invoice.
- Production baking for the Strawhouse including breads, baked goods, specials, and special events. All specials or changes to current items to be coordinated with the café manager.
- Maintenance and deep cleaning of the entirety of the bakery space. Cleaning of the walk-in to be coordinated with the Strawhouse staff.
- Maintaining equipment (works with maintenance person to keep equipment functional).
- Costing out new items and periodic reviews of current items.
- Regular maintenance of the recipe book.
- Execute the UNFI order for bakery goods. Coordinate with the café manager to place Sysco order.
- Act as support for pizza prep.
Pay & Schedule
- Pay DOE
- 30-40 hours/week
- Flexible schedule
- Lifting and moving 50lb bags of product
- Standing for 6 – 8 hours a day
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently
- Must be able to commit to at least a year for the baker’s position