AirBNB Rental Maintenance/Farm HelpFreelance/Contractor Full-time One Time Gig Part-time Seasonal/Temporary Volunteer @Rugby Creek LLC posted 2 months ago
Maintenance Position: All-Around AirBNBRental/Farm Help
The Teamworker(s) who join us should love the outdoors/animals and enjoy physical activities/labor. Be detail oriented, self-starter, honest, reliable and be genuinely friendly/happy to be experiencing this life. In exchange for pay/trade of FHU you can work and play in the gorgeous Appalachian Mountains of Southwest Virginia only a few miles from Grayson Highlands State Park, Mt Rogers, Whitetop Mtn, The Appalachian Trail, The New River, The Virginia Creeper Trail just to name a few close by outdoor attractions specific to our area!
Responsibilities and Duties: (please note that this is just a general list…not everything can be done within all time limits – its just to give a basic idea of the things/jobs we will ask of you to help with)
- Weed Eating of the property (rentals, buildings, fence lines, fruit bushes/vineyard/orchard)
- Maintenance as needed in rentals (fix leaking sink, fix toilet, unlock when guests lock themselves out etc)
- Maintenance of buildings on the farm (fix broken latches/gates, repair structures as needed, repair fence lines as needed)
- Maintain landscaping at rentals, barns and general property (weeding, mulching, watering plants/flowers etc)
- Maintain trails throughout property forests
- Weed Eating – oh maybe we mentioned that already… 🙂
- Take all trash cans to central location for pickup once weekly
- Cut up downed trees in the forests and off fence lines
- Cut up, split, stack firewood
- Assist with fun projects to improve overall guests experiences (bring your own ideas too–tree elfs in the woods, picnic areas on property, build decks, swings, woodland seats in the forest etc.)
- Assist with projects on the farm/rentals (help build animal sheds, help install new fencing, help build shade roofing etc)
- Did we mention weed eating? LOL
- Occasional pet/farm sitting when we are gone for a break (cleaning/mucking, feeding/doctoring, milking the goat, gathering the eggs etc.)
Pay & Schedule
$1000 Partial Trade for your FULL HOOKUP
this FHU has elec/water/sewer and internet connection – Can accommodate up to 40+ ft rigs!
$1400-2600 Pay will start after the hookup trade and set @ $15/hr — amount of pay will depend on if you are a single person (40 hrs/week) or couple (30 hrs each/week). A 1099 will be filed, so you must be comfortable with that.
Requested working minimum of 2 weekends a month; Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon (unless you want a 4 day weekend work and 3 days off in middle of week type schedule that would be fine).
Requested a total of 30hrs worked each week per person if a couple and 40 hrs for a single person.
- Be comfortable and proficient with small equipment
- Chainsaws, skill saws, all sorts of small saws haha – mowers (push and riding) etc
- Weed Eaters (all levels from small battery to full on gas with a blade)
- Be comfortable driving a tractor with a front-end bucket and pto behind (all are different we understand and ours has its quirks but would like you familiar with tractors please as the tractor is put to lots of uses on the farm!
- Be comfortable with driving a 4wheeler/atv as it is used often for farm work….we also have UTV too
- Be willing to hand weed the flower beds and care for flowers, plant, water etc
- Be flexible when asked to change your daily job based on needs of the day (we strive for a schedule but being a farm with rentals, things can change a lot or frequently so flexibility is key.
- Be physically capable of the above required needs to fulfil this position
- Be friendly and professional as the guests are present and on-farm a lot
- Love and enjoy animals is a MUST
Looking for a winter season (Oct-April) and a Summer season (April-Oct) or someone interested in the full year would be fine too. www.rugbycreek.com for pics and info
Please submit email inquiry and resume