Founded Date August 28, 2018
Posted Jobs 0
Job Location Types Offered Remote
Company Size <10
Homes On Wheels Alliance, Inc. (HOWA), a charitable 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, strives to help a significant portion of the American population who are being squeezed between the rapidly rising cost of shelter on one hand, and either stagnant wages or too-small of a retirement on the other. Through no fault of their own, they are at serious risk of losing their homes and apartments. We serve this community by providing:
- Safe and secure homes on wheels,
- Improvements and repairs to their mobile dwellings,
- Transition assistance into a financially- and environmentally-sustainable lifestyle, and
- Opportunities to connect with and give back to the nomadic tribe, area communities, and public lands.
We believe that only an “alliance” of interested parties can hope to solve a problem of this magnitude. To be truly effective it should consist of:
- The larger mobile community,
- Government (local, state and federal),
- Private businesses and industries, and
- Various nonprofit organizations,
By combining our energy, resources and good-will into a united front, we will have a significant impact on preventing the homeless problem from reaching monumental proportions and allowing our clients to remain contributing citizens while preserving their independence, self-sufficiency and dignity. Acting together, we believe the future can be bright for all of us!